When driving on the highway to Oklahoma City, it might be easy to miss Owasso. Located north of Tulsa and just south of OKC, it is centrally located between these large metropolitan areas, and Owasso is rich in culture and events throughout the year.
If you are looking for a short day trip from Tulsa or OKC, then Owasso is worth examining.
1. Start your day with Coffee
The Urban Espresso brews Intelligentsia Coffee and serves unique drinks like the Black Rose Latte- espresso with black garlic syrup.
2. Get your Art on at The Hive. The Hive is an art studio where you can take classes, paint pottery or watch others create, and it's a great family-friendly place to spend the day.
3. Eat Dessert - Flamingo Cake in Owasso has everything from decorated sugar cookies to complete custom cakes.
4. Order Pizza - Home Grown in Owasso; they have delicious Chicago-style deep-dish pizza.
5. Make your way to the Owasso Library; this library is stunning with a coffee shop inside; you can sit and enjoy your beverage while visiting with friends.
6. Sports Game at The Place - Bar & Grill in Owasso. A lot is going on in Owasso at The Place, and this bar and grill is a great place to watch a game, enjoy pizza and unwind with friends after a long week.
7. Visit Owasso Lake. Owasso Lake is beautiful. Rent a paddleboat, kayak, or take out your canoe or small boat to enjoy the lake; if you have a fishing license, fish to your heart's content! There are also pavilions available for rent, and this is great for an afternoon with family and friends.
8. Visit Stroud. Up the road from Owasso is Stroud, Oklahoma, where you will find over 25 murals on buildings throughout town. Browse the shops and eat lunch in this unique town.
If you're looking for a day trip from Tulsa or Oklahoma City, Owasso is worth your time. With its central location and variety of events throughout the year, there's always something to do in Owasso.