It would be hard to argue that Owasso, Oklahoma, is a mecca for tourist attractions. And with the abundance of restaurants, shops, and entertainment venues, it's not just tourists who are drawn to this small city in Tulsa County.
With so much to offer both locals and visitors alike, here are some of the most famous landmarks and attractions in Owasso.
From museums to theaters, this list will help guide you on your next visit:
1) The Lou Boudreau Museum is dedicated to one of the most successful baseball players from Oklahoma City. It offers a glimpse into his life with photos and memorabilia, as well as information about his career.
2) For art lovers, the Art Gallery at Westside Community Center has rotating exhibits that change every few months. This lets visitors explore new artists while also supporting local talent!
3) Looking for something outdoorsy? Head over to Lake Murray or Fort Gibson Dam, where fishing is allowed year-round. These waterways also offer year-round boating, kayaking, and more!
4) For live theater, head over to Vintage 88 for shows seven days a week.
5) The Creek Turnpike Golf Course is one of many beautiful places to play golf in Owasso.
6) For a family-friendly option, check out the Tulsa Zoo for activities like zoo hikes and zoo sleepovers! There are also special events throughout the year, including Halloween Howl and Giraffe Feeding.
7) For something different, head over to Creature Comforts and try out a new-age experience with sensory rooms and unique exhibits filled with bugs and minerals.
8) Silver Dollar City - Yes, this is technically in Branson, Missouri. Silver Dollar City has dozens of rides and attractions, including the White Water Canyon.
9) If you're planning a trip to or from Tulsa International Airport, check out the I-44 Welcome Center for a rest area with gas and food.
10) The Tulsa Performing Arts Center is a four-theater venue that shows movies, plays, and more.
Tourist attractions in Owasso, OK, are the heart of its culture and economy. Every year thousands of people flock to this city to enjoy what it offers, and the numbers are only increasing.